Tradeshows & Events
ASCA attends and runs a number of tradeshows and events for its members during the year.
Come along, both Business Managers and Canteen Managers - all are welcome.
- There are always heaps of suppliers showcasing: food, snacks, beverages, packaging and ice-creams
- Discuss with suppliers innovative, healthy and interesting new menu ideas for your school's Canteen
- There are loads of specials and deals only available to order on the day - so don't miss out!
Check out our Facebook page for more throughout the year!
ASCA regularly holds Connect meetings of members for canteen managers. We also attend and speak at network meetings of other associations of principals, business managers and canteen managers.
ASCA Connect meetings are organised on a regional basis. Typically the format of network meetings is as follows:
- Introduction by ASCA of new initiatives and suppliers
- Presentations by key suppliers about new products, promotions, etc
- Discussion, feedback and networking by participants
- Opportunity to sample products
It's a great way to keep in touch with your fellow local Canteen Managers and share ideas.
Talk to your ASCA area manager to take part in or request a networking event.
Celebrate Canteen Week
Celebrate Canteen Week is a great opportunity to trial new menu ideas, dress up, involve other staff who wouldn't ordinarily help in the canteen, to name a few ideas, all to raise awareness and attendance at the canteen.
Do as little or as much as you can handle, but be sure to stop, take a moment to thank those who help run this vital school service and, see it as an opportunity to break away from the day-to-day and have a reason to try something different.